Valentine’s Day is the best time of year to let your special someone know exactly how much they mean to you. If you’re overcome with love for your sweetheart, why not plan an unforgettable romantic getaway to Beaufort, SC?
Create memories together that you’ll never forget at the Cuthbert House Inn, one of the most romantic bed and breakfasts in the Lowcountry. We’ve also got some great ideas for ways to spend your Valentine’s Day getaway in Beaufort, SC.
Read on to discover some of our best suggestions, and don’t forget to get your FREE copy of our Beaufort Vacation Guide for even more recommendations on local activities and attractions.
The Best Things to Do During Your Valentine’s Day Getaway in Beaufort, SC
1. Treat Yourselves to a Romantic Dinner
A romantic dinner at a nice restaurant is a tried and true Valentine’s Day tradition. Luckily for you, Beaufort is abundant with a wide variety of fantastic restaurants that are ideal for a memorable date night.
Here are just a few of our favorites, and don’t forget to make your reservation for your top pick!
- Breakwater Restaurant & Bar: Boasting a full menu of “New Southern Cuisine,” Breakwater Restaurant delivers exceptional food served with a side of fun and friendly service. Plus, couples will love the elegant setting and wide variety of wine selections.
- Saltus River Grill: The waterfront setting of this romantic restaurant is just one of its main drawing points. You’ll also be sure to enjoy their exquisitely fresh seafood, sharp and sophisticated setting, and incomparable service.
- Emily’s Restaurant and Tapas Bar: Located in historic Downtown Beaufort, this beloved hotspot is known for its extensive collection of tasty tapas. From traditional Lowcountry shrimp and grits to savory duck, you and your sweetheart can spend an entire evening challenging your palates.
2. Find a Tasty Dessert at The Chocolate Tree
Be sure you save room for dessert, because you certainly won’t want to miss a visit to The Chocolate Tree in Beaufort. This local gem became famous after providing the famous box of chocolates gifted to Jenny in the classic motion picture, Forrest Gump.
From the moment you approach the storefront, the aromas of fine chocolate and confections will be there to greet you. Just step inside and let your sweetie select from over 60 mouthwatering selections such as Tiger Paws (chewy caramel and pecans coated with chocolate) or Stockies Rockies (rocky roads made with raspberry marshmallow).
3. Enjoy a Sunset Cruise
Catching a gorgeous sunset over the water is one of the best ways to spend a relaxing evening during your Valentine’s Day getaway in Beaufort, SC.
Beaufort River Tours offers unforgettable outings aboard the lovely Prince of Tides. Just sit back, relax, enjoy the fantastic views and ocean breeze, and don’t forget to greet the dolphins that break the surface to say hello!
Lodge in Our Romantic Beaufort Bed and Breakfast
Conveniently located on South Carolina’s Intracoastal Waterway, the Cuthbert House Inn is a historic antebellum mansion ideal for romantic getaways and rejuvenating escapes into the Lowcountry.
In addition to our stellar location, guests of the inn will enjoy a romantic and elegant atmosphere, warm hospitality, comfortable and beautifully decorated guest rooms and suites, and a delicious gourmet breakfast served each morning.
If you’re considering a Valentine’s Day Getaway in Beaufort, SC, may we suggest our incredible Romance Package? This exclusive offer includes a bouquet of roses, chilled champagne, or chocolates delivered straight to your guest room and an optional horse-drawn carriage tour of historic Downtown Beaufort. It’s the perfect way to add something extra special to your vacation and let your darling know that you’ve been thinking about them.
Check our availability and book your Valentine’s Day getaway today!